Membership of City Central Liquor Accord provides you with the opportunity to be addressed by regulators and stakeholders, be continually updated with relevant information, be informed of resources available to assist in the smooth operation of your venue and make a positive contribution to hospitality and entertainment offerings in our area.
Before joining, please note - there are 4 accords in the Sydney City area. City Central covers the area from Market Street south through to Haymarket and parts of Chippendale; the easterly boundary is Elizabeth and College Streets; west through Ultimo and Pyrmont. The exception being the Darling Harbour precinct which has its own accord.
Please refer to the map to check that your venue is within the City Central area. If not, contact for contact details for your local accord.
Membership of City Central is open to all licensed premises: hotels, clubs, small bars, restaurant, cafes, bottle shops, theatres, venues etc. While membership is essentially voluntary, some licenses have ‘membership of the liquor accord’ as a condition and in those cases, membership is compulsory.
Benefits of Accord Membership
Membership of City Central can be a valuable asset to your operations through our extremely informative meetings, the distribution of important information and legislative updates and the opportunity to connect and interact with authorities and stakeholders.
- Contribute to a safe, secure and vibrant city entertainment precinct.
- Stay updated with changes to legislation, police directions and liquor laws
- Access resources which may benefit your business including grants and other business opportunities as offered by City of Sydney.
- Network with other licensees, share experiences and resolve common issues.
- Enhance your business operations and contribute to a safe and vibrant industry.
- Inclusion on the interactive map - allow 4-6 weeks from date of joining to be added to map
The Accord has strong working relationships with Sydney Local Area Command, City of Sydney, Liquor & Gaming NSW, AHA (NSW) and other stakeholders.
Membership Categories and Fees
Membership is paid/renewed annually for the period is 01 July – 30 June
Fees are per annum and no pro rata is available. The accord is not registered for gst so no gst is payable on fees.
Late Night Venue (after 12am) $250
Bottle Shop, Packaged $150
Restaurant, Café, Small Bar, Non-late night venues, other $150
Becoming a Member
- Download the membership form
- Complete the form as per instructions on the form
- Make payment by EFT or cheque
- Email or post completed form to Accord Secretary
- You will then be issued with an invoice as receipt of payment and a copy of the constitution as your reference.
- Renewal invoices are emailed in June each year